Restore the data of a NAS share from the local snapshots and cloud.
The local snapshots of a NAS share can be restored by creating restore mounts using any available recovery point.
To restore your NAS share data from the local snapshots,
- Sign in to the IDrive BMR server web interface and go to the 'Restore' tab.
- Go to the 'NAS Restore' tab.
- Choose ‘NAS’ as the share type.
- Select the required share and recovery point.
- By default, user authentication is disabled. Meaning, the share will be accessible to everyone on the network. To create a secure share,
- Select 'Yes' and enable user authentication.
- Select the username from the 'Mount Username' drop-down menu.
- Enter the mount password.
- Click 'Create'. The data is shared over the SMB protocol. Based on the OS you are using, you can use the SMB client native to the OS, or install a dedicated application specific to your OS platform to access the data.