http://www.kbpublisher.com - http://www.kbpublisher.com
[b]text[/b] - Bold text.
[u]text[/u] - Underline text.
[i]text[/i] - Italic text.
[color=green]text[/color] - Colored text.
[url]kbpublisher.com[/url] - kbpublisher.com
[url=kbpublisher.com]text[/url] - text
[email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email] - email@example.com
[h1]text[/h1] - Caption text.
- item 1
- item 2
- item 1
- item 2
Understand the various functionalities of the IDrive BMR dashboard.
The ‘Dashboard’ page provides options to add physical machines and VMware servers, initiate and schedule backups, create and modify groups, and much more. You can also view device information, backup and recovery statuses, local storage information, cloud backup summary, and system health status.
Key functionalities of the IDrive BMR dashboard page
- Get device-related information: The ‘Device Information’ section displays the unique serial number, IP address, and the LAN link speed of the device. Click this section to view and configure the network settings of the device.
- View the status of device operations: The ‘Status’ section displays the total number of protected machines, protected network shares, virtual instances, and restore mounts on the device. Click 'Restore' or 'Virtualization' to go to the respective page.
- View cloud replication details: The ‘Cloud Replication’ section displays the storage utilization of physical and VMware backup. It also displays the latest cloud recovery point captured for physical and VMware machines. Click this section to view detailed information on cloud replication.
- Get an overview of local storage utilization: The ‘Local Storage’ section summarizes the storage utilization of the IDrive BMR device and a breakdown of the storage utilization by physical machines, virtual machines, and network shares. Click this section for detailed information on storage space.
- Monitor the health of the device: In the 'System Health Status' section, you can view the health status of RAID devices and the OS hard drive.
Health status and what they indicate:
- Good; the devices are working fine
- Bad; Contact support team immediately
- Predicted to fail; Contact support team immediately
Note: Here the ‘Warning’ status doesn’t necessarily indicate a critical problem with the hard drive or RAID storage array. Depending on the issue, there are simple repair functions that you can perform to stabilize the drive status. In case you are not able to fix the issue, get in touch with our support team for a resolution.
Click on the 'System Health Status' section to view detailed information on RAID and hard drive health.
- Firewall Checkpoints: You can check the firewall restrictions from the ‘Firewall Checkpoints’ button. Network restrictions on services such as email delivery and cloud replication are identified with this functionality.
Status of the settings indicate:
Successful - There are no firewall restrictions and you can continue to use all services related to the device
Failure - The port has been blocked
- Add physical machines and VMware servers: In the ‘Physical Machine’ and ‘VMware’ tab, you can add your computers and ESXi hosts and vCenter servers respectively to the IDrive BMR device and schedule their backups.
- Group administration of physical machine backups: In the ‘Groups’ sub-tab, you can organize your physical machines into logical groups to conveniently manage backup settings for several computers in one go.
- Manage the backup of clients and groups: Manage settings for backup of default global group, individual clients, and groups via ‘Backup Settings’. Manage advanced backup configurations under ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Monitor device activities: The ‘Activities’ section displays the status of any ongoing local backups or restore operations. It provides the option for forcibly stopping any ongoing local backup and a link to view the logs of the local backup.
- Download the backup agent: Download the agent software from the ‘Downloads’ button on the header section and install it on the computer you want to backup. IDrive BMR device auto-detects the agent and starts image backup automatically for the first time, according to the schedule. Alternatively, use the IDrive BMR MSI package to remotely add multiple PCs to the device.
- Build a WinRE recovery media: Install the recovery builder from the ‘Downloads’ button on the header section and create a system recovery media file. Upon completion, you will be prompted to upload the WinRE ISO file to the device. You can also navigate to 'ISO Upload' on the application header to upload the ISO file.