http://www.kbpublisher.com - http://www.kbpublisher.com
[b]text[/b] - Bold text.
[u]text[/u] - Underline text.
[i]text[/i] - Italic text.
[color=green]text[/color] - Colored text.
[url]kbpublisher.com[/url] - kbpublisher.com
[url=kbpublisher.com]text[/url] - text
[email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email] - email@example.com
[h1]text[/h1] - Caption text.
- item 1
- item 2
- item 1
- item 2
Understand how IDrive BMR secures your data using encryption and learn to configure the encryption settings.
IDrive BMR understands the need to secure your data under all circumstances and provides industry-standard, high-grade encryption to safeguard your data.
You can choose either of the following encryption methods:
- Default Encryption: IDrive BMR will set an encryption key to encrypt all your data
- Private Encryption: This option will allow you to set a self-defined encryption key (This is the recommended option)
IDrive BMR uses AES-256 CCM encryption to secure your data when stored on the device and the cloud. Your data is also encrypted during the transfer to the cloud account; thereby, ensuring adequate protection for your data.
It is recommended to set a Private Encryption Key for enhanced security. This key is not stored anywhere on IDrive Cloud servers and therefore, it cannot be retrieved, if lost. Ensure that you store this key safely for continued access to your data.
Configure encryption settings
When you set up the IDrive BMR device for the first time, you will be prompted to configure your encryption settings.
To configure encryption on your IDrive BMR device,
- Sign in to the IDrive BMR device web interface with your credentials.
- Once you sign in, you will be prompted with a message to configure your device with encryption. Choose default encryption or private encryption based on your requirements.
- To set the 'Default encryption key', click 'Continue'.
- Alternatively, to set 'Private encryption key', enter a private encryption key of your choice in the respective field and confirm the same. Click ‘Continue’.
- Once you set the encryption key (default or private), you will not be able to change this key in the future
- IDrive BMR does not store your private encryption key on its servers. It uses a special technique to encrypt your private encryption key so that it can be verified but not retrieved.
- It is recommended that you archive it safely. Without your private encryption key, you will not be able to retrieve your data. We will not be able to provide private encryption key information.