When the BMR device does not auto detect a physical machine in the network, you can add it manually and initiate backup.
The IDrive BMR device is designed to automatically detect and register physical machines that have the agent software installed. If the device has not detected your computer, you can add it manually with its IP address.
To add a physical machine manually,
- On the ‘Dashboard’ tab, click ‘Add Client’.
- In the ‘Add client’ page, enter the IP address of the client to be added and click ‘Add Client’.
- Once the client is added manually, it will be displayed in the ‘Discover new client via IP’ section of the ‘Dashboard’ tab.
To remove a physical machine from the BMR device,
- Go to ‘Dashboard’ > ‘Physical Machines’.
- Click corresponding to the computer name and select 'Remove Client' from the drop-down menu.
- Click 'OK' in the confirmation window.
- The selected computer will be removed during the scheduled cleanup operation performed by the IDrive BMR device. However, if you want to retain the computer on the device, click 'Stop removing client' within the cleanup operation.